Friday, March 13, 2009

Transplanting

More transplants tonight... Swiss Chard, 1/2 of my Walla Walla onions and all of my peppers got new homes. I still have Beefsteak tomatoes, and the other half of my onions that need homes yet. That will entail a few more pots.

In addition to transplanting veggies I started soaking a couple Bird of Paradise seeds. These will be a long time house plant. It is supposed to take 4 years before they flower. It might be more than I'm willing to carry on, but they are Tom's favorite flower so I'd like to try. They will never survive outside unless we move to a MUCH warmer climate.:) I don't forsee that happening so they'll be house plants. Also, I'm trying starting one of the Hollyhocks indoors. I think the rest I'll direct seed, but I want to see the difference.

Mary and Ginna have supplied me with a wonderful little greenhouse that I stayed up way too late putting together last night. I can't wait to get it in place and see about temperatures etc. I didn't get it out today since I had to finish up the door. What a great way to spend the evening. Two things I love doing...Gardening stuff and putting something together. The best of two worlds. I can't thank them enough.

I think things are actually getting wound down to the point of maintaining right now. I'm going to have to post some of my plants on craigslist. It is a little too cold for a roadside stand right now. -8 degrees F the other night. That just doesn't sound like fun for myself or the seedlings.

Off to bed so I'm not up too late again.

No comments:

Post a Comment