Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gardening

I've been thinking about the whole garden thing. It isn't something I ever really got into before. A big part of that is I've never had a place to put a real garden in at. Also, I was usually busy with school, work, and any other multitude of things. I still am, but getting our own fresh food is a much higher priority now. Its amazing how the price of things can climb upward in just a few years. Between the prices and the simple fact that there is something very satisfying about seeing things grow I'm gardening. Something I didn't think I'd ever do.

On that I'm trying to decide what to do with all of my apples. I have about 7 McIntosh and on Golden Delicious. If only I had the lot next door...Ah well. I will find a place for a few of them and then the others will need to find a home elsewhere. I can't wait for the snow to disappear. Once it is gone and things warm up a bit I'm going to have a yard sale. We need to get rid of lots of excess stuff and I'll put a table of plants out as well. I really don't think I need 2 varieties of tomatoes of 18 plants each. More like 4 or 5 plants each for us. But, I don't want to kill them either. I have things surviving for once and I don't like having to kill them off.

I hear someone woke up from his nap. Time to be responsible I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment