Saturday, March 28, 2009

Losses

I finally had some losses. I lost three okra and a watermelon. Also, I gave up on the angelica seeds and the basil seeds. Of course this still leaves a bunch of seedlings. I'm hoping they don't take too much of a hit when we go to Austria. I do plan on using gel packs to water with while we are gone. We used those one time on my house plants that were stored in the back of my pick-up for a month. They worked really well. I'm hoping they work as well for my seedlings.

I got my blueberries all planted in pots now. I hope that works out well. I'm a little worried as far as my big plant order... I haven't heard anything about them shipping and can't find any confirmation e-mail. Hmmmm...I still have my order print out with the order number and I have an e-mail into them asking about it. I hope things didn't get messed up since the order is also for a friend of mine. If I don't hear anything on Monday I'll have to start making phone calls. I want strawberry and rasberry plants in the ground this year.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Katrina, I wouldn't worry too much about losing the watermelon and okra seedlings. You can start them again when the weather warms up. Watermelon is going to be iffy this far north, but you might be able to do some tricks to get it to mature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough it seems lots of people grow melons around here. I'm thinking it seems iffy but Tom loves watermelon so I'm giving them a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow, maybe you are in a good melon spot after all! That would be great.

    ReplyDelete