Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New set of planting

I got a chance last night to plant a few more seeds. Now that I know my seeds are pretty darn good at germinating I'm cutting way back on the plantings. Let's see, my list from last night...

Blue Lake Bush Bean
Kitchen King Bean
Brussels Sprouts
Spinach (a hybrid from a friend)
Lemon Balm
Salad Burnet

In addition to this I'm trying an experiment with some Marigolds. I have a large indoor potted plant. I sprinkled a few Marigold seeds around the base of this plant. We'll see how they do. I'm not going to baby those ones too much. If they live with the other plant, great. If not, so be it.

I will be direct sowing my root vegetables. Potatoes (maybe), carrots, beets, turnips, and rutabega. In spite of getting snow we seem to be quickly approaching spring. At least the willow trees and birds are telling me its on it's way. The willows down by the creek are fairly orange and seem to get brighter each day. Before we know it they'll turn green.

Spring is on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment