Monday, May 4, 2009

Planting

I'd better log things here for a bit since I can't find my notebook at the moment. I got marigolds, cilantro, snow peas, lavender, sunflowers, and sweet basil planted yesterday. Zinnia's are coming up and I finally got a few cloves of garlic in pots. We'll see how it fairs. I'll have to remember to plant some this fall as well. 1/2 my tomatoes are out in the green house and doing okay. They need planted but the garden plot isn't quite ready. Tom did a bit more tilling for me yesterday so it is closer. Plus I don't want the poor things to freeze. I think Tom is going to try pruning my rose for me. We'll see how it goes. Since I really know nothing about this rose it is kinda hard to do things for the species. That doesn't really work when you don't know the species.

We've had some nutty weather. It was snowing last week and was down in the high 20's and low 30's. Today it is supposed to be in the 60's and sunny. It was nice it rained yesterday though. I never did get water on my transplanted strawberries but the rain took care of that.

I did start leaving broccoli and other hardy plants out of the green house last night. They seem to have faired okay. I think I'll try to get them planted in the garden as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment