Friday, May 8, 2009

Garden

Finally the first 3 rows are in the garden. I got them planted on Monday afternoon, just in time for the rainy weather. At least I haven't had to water other than at initial transplant. My broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, walla walla onions, brussels sprouts, red potatos, russet potatoes, and carrots are in. My carrots are the only ones I'm direct seeding with that bunch. I have peas, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, beets, and turnips hardening off getting ready to go in the garden. They'll go in hopefully this weekend if it ever dries out.

I've gotten things mulched with shredded cedar. Hopefully this helps with the bugs. We are also having a guy come in and spray the house for the hobo spiders. We already have them in here this spring and they aren't supposed to move inside until July. Apparently the ones around here think they own the joint.

Oh, I finally uncovered our front walk. Who knows how many years it has been neglected. We used the sod we pulled off of there to help fill in some of the holes around the roots of the trees in the back yard. I want to put flower beds lining the walkway and then put my blueberries out front to mirror the lilacs that sit on either side of the front porch steps. We'll see what happens this summer.

One last thing. I ended up gettting a garden gnome for my veggie garden. I'll have to take some pictures to post once things settle back down here a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment