Sunday, April 5, 2009

Outside Garden area

Thought I would get some outdoor pictures to see where we are starting from. Fence lines are staked out and I have started digging the main garden bed. My herb garden has been dug and amended already. My little flower garden on the SW corner of the house is an experiment. All wildflower seed and I just kinda piled straw, chicken poop, peat moss, and who knows what else. I'm also trying to build it up enough there the wasps won't make their home under the siding right there. With all the digging I'm looking at tillers. I haven't decided which kind I want yet. I'm thinking about the Mantis. It is more of a mail order versus go down and pick it out. The Troy Built is at Lowe's and is about the same size as the Mantis. Doesn't dig as deep though. I don't think it has the same kind of warranty either. I don't have to decide quite yet, but should soon. Time to get crackin' on the digging now that it is April.

The main garden plot looking West: Looking NW:
Herb garden on the West end of the house (pretty shady in the a.m. gets sun blasted in the p.m.):

Flower garden on SW corner:


South side of house (I'm thinking mostly flowers):








1 comment:

  1. How exciting, Katrina! All new garden spots. You are going to be amazed when everything starts growing. It is good you took these Before pictures.

    ReplyDelete