Saturday, April 25, 2009

Leaves

Well sometime this last week the leaves on the lilacs have shown up. They appear to have done so on several of the trees as well. My rose bush is just started to show some green but the lawn needs mown very badly. My raspberries and currant seem to be doing well but my clematis seems to be floundering. The carnations haven't been in long enough to tell if they are doing anything. I have strawberries to plant and I have horseradish on the way. My garden is finally tilled. We bought a small tiller (went with the troy built) and still had to borrow the neighbor's big rototiller to break the sod. No big deal though. I'm hoping to get a lot of my cold weather crops out this weekend. I'm still not sure what I'm doing with my apple trees. I have several my friend and I started from seed. I should get my blueberries in the ground as well now that they've been hanging out on the porch for about a week. Oh, and I discovered that we actually have a sidewalk in the front of our house. We thought it was just paver stones that weren't connected. Nope. Just an old sidewalk with cracks where the grass grew through. We aren't done digging it out either.


Off to find a pot for some garlic I have sprouting. Oh, I also need to plant potatoes. My bag of potatoes has sprouted like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment