Thursday, May 1, 2014

Poor Neglected Spot

This poor blog gets left by the wayside most times.  I maintain three others in addition to this one and 3 Facebook pages.  Sometimes I wonder about my sanity.

My gardening is slow going this year.  I really haven't had a whole lot of motivation for some reason.  Well, I think I kind of killed off my motivation last year.  For some reason I was really burnt out by the end of the season and more than ready for the season to be over.  I am just now thinking it might be okay again.  I still can't get myself too excited about the garden though.  I am slowly planting but not with any sort of gusto that I have in years past.

I am trying to grow all of my family's onions and tomatoes for the year this year.  And most of our potatoes. Herbs I'm trying to get established as well.  Anything that is a perennial makes my life so much easier.  

I think this weekend I will be sowing lots of my cool season crops and transplanting a few more onions.  I need to work on my compost.  I have about three different things going there and I need to make a decision and pick one spot for it.

My to-do list looks something like this:

mow lawn, around fences especially
build better compost area with the pallets
build nesting boxes with pallets
put roof on bigger chicken coop
plant: spinach, flowers, broccoli, cabbage, onions, sage, thyme, savory
amend tomato beds in preparation for planting at the end of the month
cut down two dead trees in yard
edge garden beds
pull out weird rock garden from previous owners
decide to either repair or rip out back porch

I think all that should keep me busy for a while.  I should stay out of trouble at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment