Friday, February 28, 2014

A Feeling of Spring

Sometimes.  Not today.  We are supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow.  I'm okay with that.  The ground needs it.  I'll take every little bit of moisture Mother Nature wants to hand over.


We have had some good almost-Spring-like days though.  Not too long back I was raking the yard in a t-shirt.  As of today I have a couple inches of the white stuff on the ground.  I need to get my onions and celery started this week.  I'm a bit behind on seed-starting.  I'll get there but I don't have a ton of motivation.


I'm not sure exactly what has happened to my motivation.  With my yarn business getting going and all I just seem to have lost some drive.  I'm hoping as the days continue to grow longer and more of that lovely sunshine happiness comes in my motivation will return.  I'm figuring out that I think I need my winter to be quieter and my summers to be spent out and about.  I'm thinking I won't be doing our winter farmer's market next year.  We'll see how I feel at the end of the summer season and then I'll decide.


As I'm mulling over the market season I'm realizing I'll need to be starting some herb seeds here shortly as well.  Uh-oh.  I'm not on top of this so far. I'd better use today for some good planning and list making and then go get some seed starting dirt.  A little less than a month and it will be officially Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment