Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17th

I did more planting yesterday...

Red Pontiac Potatoes
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage

I'm trying to start the cabbage and brussels sprouts from seed in the garden. I have no idea how they will fair. The tomatoes in the green house are doing well. No black frozen spots at this point. My tomatillos are starting to bloom. Oops. I guess they got started too early. Oh well.

I also planted some yellow iris yesterday. My neighbor was dividing hers up. They also brought over a Snow in the Valley. That might not be the right name. At any rate it is supposed to spread and only get about a foot tall. I'm going to try to get that planted this weekend too. We are going to try to get it to hide the foundation along the road side of the house.

Been rainy and cold, but this weekend is supposed to be warm with a few showers. Mid-60s yesterday. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment