Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March

Already March. Wow. We never even got winter and it is almost spring. We've had temps in the 60s and the garden will probably get tilled this week(end). I can't believe we don't still have snow. The tomatoes and onions are up in their flats. I checked around the yard the other day and I found all sorts of plants poking up. Some sort of flower that someone other than us planted (Bulbs that come up first thing. Even before my crocus.), horseradish is starting to peek up, the irises are a couple inches tall, and the garlic has an inch or so. Also the chervil, strawberries, and chives are starting, but just.

I'll be amazed if we don't have a wicked fire season this year. I hope not for our area, but I do hope so at the same time. Last year there weren't many fires and business was awfully slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment