Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21

Well it is officially spring. Sure felt like it yesterday too. We were close to 60 degrees F. and wonderfully sunny. Bear and I spent the afternoon in the garden digging up sod and planting onion sets. I still have more to dig up and more sets to plant. Hopefully they did okay with the frost last night. I'm not too worried. I have onions coming up from last year and I still have seedlings inside that are too little to brave the frosty nights.

I'm seeing that my tomato seedlings are getting root bound in their little soil pods. I'm going to have to re-pot. I'm not sure I have that many pots. I've ended up with a flat of 72 tomatos. I don't know if I'm going to have room for everyone. It really is only 12 plants of each variety. I'm hoping I'll get some visitors this spring that I can send some tomatos home with. That way I don't have to kill the poor little seedlings. I kill so many plants anyway that I don't like to kill any that are surviving their tenure with me.

I'm hoping in spite of the grey skies today it is warm enough to go out and finish up a bunch of my digging. Even though my hands have blisters and my shoulders are protesting. It all feels kinda good in a strange sort of way. I like the feeling after I put in a good days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment