Saturday, April 27, 2013

Changing weather

That snow moisture is helping us now.  It has turned hot.  I mean mid-70s pushing toward 80 degree hot.  You'd never know that 2 weeks ago we had 4 foot drifts of snow in the yard.

I've been planting like mad and need to plant more.  I  need to get my Brussels sprout seedlings in.  I don't think they are hardened off quite yet but I might plant them out with some cloches anyway.  I'll make them a mini cold frame.  I need to make sure to get the rest of the areas with grass seed watered today.  I got a good portion last night.  In doing so I also got the grapes, apricots, and ponderosa seedlings that just went in.  You can check out my other blog at http://lazymomgardner.wordpress.com for pictures of those.

I need to figure out what I'm doing with my gardens.  I have 20+ tomatoes that will need space, I want strawberries (I don't have them yet), and I want flowers and herbs.  I just need to figure out how it will all fit in.  Of course I need to get things like the strawberries.  I think I'll go see if anyone needs some strawberries thinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment