Thursday, February 14, 2013

Revival

Well, I haven't posted here for something like 2-3 years.  I switched over to http://lazymomgardener.wordpress.com/ for the most part.  But I think I will see about maintaining the both of the blogs.  I'm opinionated enough to maintain more than one blog right?  Okay so some of you may not know that, but you'll just have to trust me on that one.

I am about to start a new gardening adventure.  We are buying a chunk of property in Western Nebraska on the High Plains.  We hope this will be our forever place so I'd like to make sure our garden plans go well.  A few goals for this new garden:

establish perennial beds with herbs, asparagus, and rhubarb

establish an orchard with apples, plums, and maybe pears and apricots

eventually raise our own meat in addition to our own vegetables

eventually raise a few animals for the fiber as well

Right now we are in the process of making our land purchase.  We'll get moved into the house and get the basic vegetable and flower gardens planted.  Then we'll assess.  We have some travelling to do this summer so we'll hold off on getting any critters until after that trip.  This way we don't have to worry about someone to care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment