Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10th beginning to harvest

Peas, and beets. I just got done freezing a batch of peas. I have one jar of pickled beets in the fridge (they haven't been processed), and I've got some strawberries and currants in the freezer as well. I want to do jams etc with the strawberries and currants, but haven't gotten enough at one time. So I'm freezing them and then I'll go back and make jams, jellies, syrups etc later. Maybe even this winter.

I have some rogue pumpkins growing and I have an insane number of slugs. I need a duck or something to get rid of them. The slugs that is. At least I'm getting a harvest. It won't be long and I'll need to do some major garden clean up. Spinach and lettuce are pretty well done. The beets should be coming out soon too. Even the carrots are right there on the cusp of ready.

I need to figure out some baby food recipes using these things. Then they will be put to good use.

2 comments:

  1. My favortie food blogger had a baby, and now writes about baby food too: http://smittenkitchen.com/baby/

    Maybe some ideas for your garden bounty?

    ReplyDelete